ESG Dice Roller
In the Dice box above, input a die roll formula. Press Return/Enter or click the Roll! button to "roll" the formula and come up with a result.
If you'd like to see each die rolled in the result, check the "Show individual dice." checkbox.
You can get the link text to roll this formula by right-clicking the "link to this roll" link.
Sample Die Rolls
- d8 - Roll an 8-sided die once.
- 3d6 - Roll 3d6 and add them together.
- 4d6k3H - Roll 4d6 and add together the 3 highest.
- 4d6k3Hx6 - Roll 4d6 and add together the 3 highest 6 times.
- d20+5, d8+4 - Roll a d20 and add 5, then a d8 and add 4.
- (3d6+3)*5 - Roll 3d6, add 3, then multiply the result by 5.
Basic Die Rolls
A basic die roll is written in the form: [N]dS[kT[H|L]]
- N is the number of dice to roll. Default is 1.
- d is the character d (or D).
- S is the number of sides per die.
- k is the character k (or K).
- T is the number of dice to keep. Default is all.
- H or L (or h or l) specify which dice to keep: H means keep the highest dice, L means keep the lowest. Default is highest.
- No spaces are allowed in a basic die roll.
Static Die Rolls
Die rolls can also be constants, which is useful for doing math.
The die roller supports these operators in this order of precedence:
- () for grouping
- ^ for powers
- * / for multiplication and division.
- + - for addition and subtraction.
- You can have spaces between math operators and die rolls/constants.
You can do multiple rolls in two ways:
- Use commas (",") to separate multiple different formulas.
- Add the letter "x" and a number to roll the formula multiple times.
- You can have spaces between formulas and commas, between formulas and the "x", and between the "x" and the number of times to roll.
Other characters will likely cause errors.
Using this roller in Realm Works
- Save this page, using your browser's menu or the context menu for a blank spot on the page.
- Create an HTML Page (Complete) Snippet in your realm and attach the saved page to it.
Should be greatly improved in this version. If you run into problems, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It'll help if you click "Browser Info" below and then copy the text from the box above as well as the Dice text. Thanks!